This weekend, I celebrated my sixtieth birthday surrounded by friends and family. If you had told me I would be doing so weeks earlier, I wouldn’t have believed you. But thanks to an accelerating COVID-19 vaccination rollout, everyone had had at least one of the two-dose vaccines, with most of us having received both.
My wonderful sister Kim V. Zähller and her husband Nate Borofsky decorated their backyard and prepared all of the refreshments, including a chocolate-walnut cake and a boozy Planter’s Punch.
I took most of the pictures shown here, except for the group photo, made by my dear friend Joe Crumley. I hope you enjoy them.
- Rolleiflex 2.8c
- Schneider-Kreuznach Xenotar 80mm ƒ/2,8
- Leitz (Leica) K2 (Wratten No. 8)
- 1⁄250th second
- Kodak Tri-X Pan (PXP) 120
- Adox Adonal (Rodinal) 1:100
- ~60 minutes semi-stand in Paterson Super System 4 daylight tank
- Epson Perfection v850
- Adobe Lightroom 6